Butternut squash made it back into our boxes this week and while we love to dice it up and throw it in the oven for a good roasting, we thought it was time to try something a little different. This recipe is a one-pot wonder and a super easy way to use up your CSA squash and greens, so grab the ingredients and let’s start cooking!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHICKPEA CURRY
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 diced butternut squash
- 2 cups drained chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups swiss chard (finely chopped)
In a large saucepan, add the oil and saute the onion and butternut squash until the onion begin to brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir to mix and bring the sauce to a simmer. Once at a simmer, lower heat and cover to allow the butternut squash to cook through.
Remove from heat, serve with rice. Garnish with crushed cashews, cilantro and crushed red pepper flakes for some added heat!